Hedy is our Public Relations Intern, so she deals with a lot of our social media, press contacts, and writing (from emails to blog posts—there’s a good chance she is writing this right now!) She is a senior at The King’s College in NYC, and she is studying Media, Culture, and Art. Here’s a bit more about her!
- How you plan to design the life and career you love in 2017? I plan on designing the life and career I love by committing myself to my passions and nurturing my skills. It’s so easy to get caught up in routine or lose track of your goals, so I want to really strive to keep myself open to explore different possibilities, but always keep the end goal in mind.
- What is your dream job? Writing and creating are my main passions, so anything that involves that would be great. I would love to be a music journalist, because I love how writing can truly bring art to life and connect people. I also love writing short stories and would love to incorporate that into a future career.
- Why do you love MSC? I love MSC because it equips girls to explore their passions and never puts limitations on our capabilities. Lisa and the whole MSC team truly want to see girls succeed, and they are always thinking of new and exciting ways to help accomplish that goal. The environment at MSC is always fun and supportive, and it’s a place where we can churn out awesome ideas and tackle big goals and then celebrate with a big office dance party!
- How did you get involved with MSC? I heard of MSC through a friend who had interned and loved her experience. I set up an interview with Lisa, and I knew after our first meeting that MSC would be a great fit for me. It’s been a place where I’ve gained such a ripe variety of experience and met so many incredible women in all different industries!
- Tell us about a moment that made you most proud or an achievement you are proud of. I felt so accomplished getting my a scholarship to come to NYC for college. For so long, New York felt like a dream that was just out of reach, and then… it happened! Everyday walking around the city I am amazed that I have made a home out of the place of my dreams and met so many wonderful people along the way!
- Where could we find you on a Saturday afternoon? The weekends are my time to decompress, and my Saturdays usually consist of waking up late and making a huge brunch with my best friend and roommate. While we cook, we blast music and have a little dance party (my apologies to the people that live below us!). Then, we usually get dressed and go on a little adventure. Sometimes we like to just explore our ‘hood Williamsburg and check out vintage shops and our neighbor’s stoop sales, but other times we will take a day trip to hike upstate, go explore the abandoned houses at Governor’s Island, or wander around the city. Then, we head back and get ready for the night’s plans: usually a concert, dance party, or a night in with pizza and a scary movie!
We hope you enjoyed getting to know more about Hedy!