Our Project Manager and Corporate Social Responsibility intern, Emily, is incredible. Her fun-loving spirit and razor-sharp focus are pivotal for the success of MSC, and we want you all to get to know her too!
- Tell us about yourself. I am a junior in the business and finance program at The King’s College. I never thought I’d be a finance major (confession: I thought they were all mean guys in suits). I learned that you shouldn’t stereotype and that you truly never know what you can do until you try it out. My professors are awesome and I am grateful to be in this season of life where I learn so many new things every day. I’m going to try my best to make sure that doesn’t change when I graduate.
- How did you get involved with My Social Canvas? I participated in the Design Hackathon where female design, technology, and business students broke into teams to create an iPhone case design, business plan, and website to be judged by an incredible panel of judges. I really enjoyed hearing advice from the women on the panel and wanted to get more involved.
- How do you design the life you love? I design the life I love by trying my best to be teachable and thankful. I try to keep my eyes peeled for opportunities to grow, learn from those opportunities, and then make sure to let the people involved know how thankful I am for their help. I am passionate about potential. I want to try my best to reach the potential that I have and help others reach theirs too.
- How have you done that so far? I just finished interning with charity: water on their marketing team and then their finance team. I learned so much from the organization and the incredible people there—not just about the importance of clean water, but about the importance of consistent commitment to your brand identity, mission statement, and values. I developed specific skills and also learned about what it actually means to add value to an organization in the day-to-day operations.
- What are you most excited about at MSC? The Leadership Summit! I can’t wait to see the looks on the faces of young women being inspired by amazing women who have paved the way for them in different industries. It will be such a special time where we really get to celebrate our mission and its impact. I’m also just super excited to see the generosity of others propel what we’re doing. It is amazing what we will be able to do with the help of people who also care deeply about young women reaching their personal potentials.
- How do you start your day and what is your favorite part of the day? I love starting my days in barre class at Shaktibarre in my neighborhood in Brooklyn. Everyone there is so nice and I always leave feeling like I’ve accomplished something—before 8am! Then coffee :) During the summer, my favorite part of the day is when I get to go by the water or go on my rooftop and chat with my roommates about our days.
We loved sitting down and talking with Emily, and we are so grateful for all she does to make MSC wonderful!